Janie Not-So-Long Hair

I'm getting back to sewing. Blood, sweat, and tears will follow. I am so sure.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Living Around Hawks

I doubt I have mentioned here that there are lots of hawks where I live.

Traveling down the Interstate with a school group today, we passed a hawk perched upon a light fixture.

A local bridge hosts a family of hawks and has even built a nest box to keep the babies safe. Motorists were understandably upset when more than one baby hawk fell out of the nest before becoming old enough to fly. The nest box prevents them from wandering over the edge. The annual banding of the little ones' feet makes the news, especially the footage of the Wildlife Officials ducking the mad parents.

There really is nothing like looking out your kitchen window to see a hawk perched on your back fence. Or perhaps there is: seeing the same hawk having his breakfast while you fix yours.

Eat more pigeon. GOD knows we have enough of them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home