Janie Not-So-Long Hair

I'm getting back to sewing. Blood, sweat, and tears will follow. I am so sure.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

As I was saying just the other day...

(Same post on all my blogs.)

I've lost some weight. I know this isn't news flash material, but it caused a small change in my life.


Several years ago, Sweet Hubby got major husband points by presenting me with Victoria's Secret undies for our anniversary. He had waited until I went to bed, the cruised their web site, making notes of all the styles he liked. When he walked into the store with his list, the sales lady was happy to race around and show him all the items in person. (She was either happy cause Hubby is a hunk or he was there to OBVIOUSLY SPEND MONEY...)

Hubby bought the wrong band size. I couldn't wear the bras, even on the very last (largest) hole. Birthing that boy really expanded my rib cage. I had to go into VS and exchange the bras. The panties were fine. (Mumble something about he knows my butt better...)

(Fast forward four years.)

So, just this Summer, I noticed all my bras were getting loose in the band. Even on the smallest size hook, we still had major slippage. I tossed out a few bras that were obviously past their prime. It was then time to go shopping for more bras.

I still think it was smart of me to grab bras of different colors to represent the different sizes. Even with glasses off, I had no problem with which was which. The white bra was the size I've been buying for the last four years. The pink bra is the size I used to buy before the Boy Child.

The pink bra fit better.

I returned to the display and put back the white bra. Of course, there weren't any white bras in the size I needed. I found a pale cream bra that would suffice. The pink bra was already in my basket. It was a tough decision, but I had to get the lilac bra. Had to.

I'm wearing the lilac bra as I type this. The hook is on the last (biggest) hole. As these bras stretch with age, I'll be able to continue to keep them snug against my ribs by adjusting to the smaller sizes.

I'm sure this was absolutely Too Much Information, but this is about as exciting as my life gets at the moment. Merchandise returns, lunch at Subway two days running, and school meetings for children just aren't interesting enough to blog about.
Be blessed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home