Busy Week with No Computer Time
It's not often I'm at home and don't even turn the computer on for five days. Surprising enough, the emails totalled less than 200. (Thank God for "digest format".)
The Hubby was out of town all week. Billy Joel had just finished singing the National Anthem for the Super Bowl when Hubby called to say he had arrived safely at his destination. I fumbled along pretending to be a single parent for the week. Wednesday I had sent the little people to bed, then crawled between my covers to watch "Medium" on NBC. The phone rang just as the story was getting good. I knew it was Hubby on the phone. I really wanted to talk to him, just not at THAT moment. I chatted with him for about ten minutes, then excused myself. Thank God for reruns. Maybe one day I will find out what Cowboy said to Allison's middle child.
I played with spray paint this week. Indoors. With no ventilation. This can be chalked up to another "well timed plan of action". Hubby was out of town. The bathroom cabinet was rusty. I removed everything from it, scrubbed it clean, and treated it with Ospho. After giving the cabinet a day to dry, it was lightly sanded with steel wool, then sprayed with white metal primer. Another night to dry. The Rustoleum spray paint was rather stinky. I could have chosen to sleep in my bed, but I really didn't want the scent of spray paint firmly lodged in my sinuses. We have a nice couch downstairs, so I sacked out there. The smell was barely detectable in the hallway, so I felt safe letting the children sleep near it. By morning the smell was almost gone.
When Hubby returned home, I proudly showed him my hard work. The cabinet looks clean and new. I can't say "shiny" because the Rustoleum was a flat, even though the cap was glossy. When we had returned Hubby's rental car, he went to bed. It was only 7 PM. I chased the children off to bed, then went downstairs to crochet and watch TV. When it got to be my bedtime, I decided to stay on the couch. At 5 AM, Hubby came downstairs to get something to drink and noticed me on the couch. "What are you doing down here?" he asked as he tried to snuggle and not fall off. He had been so hard asleep that he didn't even notice I had failed to come to bed with him. I told him to go back to bed. When next I woke, it was after 9 AM and the children were just starting to make some noise. We all needed that restful sleep.
The Hubby was out of town all week. Billy Joel had just finished singing the National Anthem for the Super Bowl when Hubby called to say he had arrived safely at his destination. I fumbled along pretending to be a single parent for the week. Wednesday I had sent the little people to bed, then crawled between my covers to watch "Medium" on NBC. The phone rang just as the story was getting good. I knew it was Hubby on the phone. I really wanted to talk to him, just not at THAT moment. I chatted with him for about ten minutes, then excused myself. Thank God for reruns. Maybe one day I will find out what Cowboy said to Allison's middle child.
I played with spray paint this week. Indoors. With no ventilation. This can be chalked up to another "well timed plan of action". Hubby was out of town. The bathroom cabinet was rusty. I removed everything from it, scrubbed it clean, and treated it with Ospho. After giving the cabinet a day to dry, it was lightly sanded with steel wool, then sprayed with white metal primer. Another night to dry. The Rustoleum spray paint was rather stinky. I could have chosen to sleep in my bed, but I really didn't want the scent of spray paint firmly lodged in my sinuses. We have a nice couch downstairs, so I sacked out there. The smell was barely detectable in the hallway, so I felt safe letting the children sleep near it. By morning the smell was almost gone.
When Hubby returned home, I proudly showed him my hard work. The cabinet looks clean and new. I can't say "shiny" because the Rustoleum was a flat, even though the cap was glossy. When we had returned Hubby's rental car, he went to bed. It was only 7 PM. I chased the children off to bed, then went downstairs to crochet and watch TV. When it got to be my bedtime, I decided to stay on the couch. At 5 AM, Hubby came downstairs to get something to drink and noticed me on the couch. "What are you doing down here?" he asked as he tried to snuggle and not fall off. He had been so hard asleep that he didn't even notice I had failed to come to bed with him. I told him to go back to bed. When next I woke, it was after 9 AM and the children were just starting to make some noise. We all needed that restful sleep.
Labels: Hubby

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home