Gardening is hard work!
This is sort of what it looks like this time. The picture is actually from last year. This year's garden is bigger. The soaker hose is under the landscape fabric. Holes are cut for tomatoes and other vegetables. The weeding is thus kept to a bare minimum. (Like I have time to pull weeds!) All I have to do is brave the mosquitoes to turn on the water or pick the vegetables.
As Dad pointed out, those living in "The Land of Fire Ants" would not be able to use landscape fabric in their gardens. The ants would camp out in the nice, shady dampness and attack humans at every opportunity. Thankfully, fire ants have not yet successfully crossed the NC/VA border. "Harboring fire ants" is a legal offense, punishable with a monetary fine.
Why did I think I wanted to move South again? I have cooler weather (granted, ALL year round) and NO FIRE ANTS. My family is the only thing I truly miss about my birthplace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home