Janie Not-So-Long Hair

I'm getting back to sewing. Blood, sweat, and tears will follow. I am so sure.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

And How Has YOUR Week Been?

Starting with last Friday...

All last week I was busy with The Red Door Sale at church. On Friday, Oldest woke up and informed me, between coughs, that her throat hurt. I took her to the doctor instead of heading to church. She was poked for blood, then X-rayed head and chest. Some where in there a rapid strep test was done. I passed the baton to Hubby and he took over. I went on to church and they visited the pharmacy to get antibiotics for her sinus infection.

Saturday, Hubby had a meeting. I had three children with me at The Red Door Sale. The Boy Child took offense at one of the workers helping himself to one of the doughnuts I had purchased on the way. "Don't eat Mommy's doughnuts!!!" The old guy was startled.

"No, son, Mr. Marvin is allowed to have a doughnut. That's why I bought TWO DOZEN." I refused to allow the doughnuts to be sold as part of the bake sale, instead pointing out their existance to our workers. Marvin's wife said that she wasn't surprised that he had jumped on the doughnut. She "never buys them". I'm glad Marvin didn't let TBC chase him away. Marvin deserved that doughnut.

Want to see funny? Watch three old ladies try to teach my son the finer points of negotiation ACROSS THE ROOM... at full volume. "TELL HER YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO PAY 50 CENTS FOR THAT PUZZLE!!!" "TELL HER THAT ORCA IS ONLY WORTH 25 CENTS." Once our cashiers realized what was going on, the negotiations went much smoother.

We all came home and collapsed. I was still barely able to move on Sunday. I slept half the day, plagued by migraines.

Monday dawned and The Boy Child had an attitude. I was ready to tear his little butt up and send him to school when he stood his ground and said, "Mommy, I'm telling you I just don't feel good enough to go to school." This was different than "don't WANT to go". I touched him and he was feverish.

Lovely.

Middlest had missed the bus. We all boarded Mhyrk and dropped her at school. I made an appointment for The Boy Child. The deposit and report for The Red Door Sale got done. We arrived at the doctor's office and I informed Oldest she was going back to the exam room so the doctor could see that she wasn't better yet.

Well... The doc said that TBC only had a virus, no need for antibiotics. Due to a mix up in the back, Oldest had two rapid strep tests. TBC had one rapid strep test. Neither had strep. Yippee. Oldest was written a note for the entire week, so she would have plenty of time to get better. This made her third trip to see Dr. T in three weeks. He wanted her completely well before going back to school. I was told to keep the boy home until his fever was completely gone. Lots of Robitussin CF and fever reducers were called for.

We have mostly stuck to the house all week. Sometime on Tuesday, TBC started complaining that his right ear hurt when I tried to take his temperature in the ear. You could tell just by looking at him that he did not feel good at all. On Wednesday evening, I noticed the mucus in his left eye. Then he barfed on me. And the sofa. It was a special shade of green. Blue Slurpee will do that. Especially when mixed in the tummy with Yellow Slurpee.

More lovely.

OK, Thursday: We got to the doctor's office at just after nine. My child is talented. If it is above his neck, it's infected.

Double ear infection. Check.

Sinus infection. Check.

Double ocular infection (both eyes filled with mucus). Check. This is not necessarily "pink eye", but I have to keep my hands washed as if it is.

We have the Pink Medicine (Yay!*) and eye drops.

*We loves the Pink Medicine. Long story, involving a pink balloon and TBC.

At this point I've finally convinced him that I'm not poking his eye out with a cotton swab. He sits still and I nab the yucky green lumps out the corner of his eyes. Even his tears are tinted green.

Is it time for that stiff drink yet? Please?

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home