Janie Not-So-Long Hair

I'm getting back to sewing. Blood, sweat, and tears will follow. I am so sure.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Joys of the Mystery Allergy

I awoke Tuesday morning at the normal time and noticed small bumps behind my ears. My fingers brushed against that spot as I put on my glasses. "Hmm," thinks I, "perhaps this is the beginning of an allergic reaction?" I got the children ready for school and sometime before 8 AM I took a Zyrtec (antihistamine).

I went off to church and helped set up the Red Door Sale. After his school day was done, Youngest had a doctor appointment. Looking in the mirror after using the bathroom, I noticed my face was bright red. It was also starting to prickle.

We raced home and I called the allergist's office. They were at lunch, so Youngest and I had our lunch. I decided it was time to take the "rescue pack" of antihistamines. The nurse asked if I was able to drive over safely. I called Hubby to go pick up the girls from school and headed over to the allergist.

I passed Hubby inside the Midtown Tunnel. "That's a Saab. Looks just like... Hi, Honey," I waved as we passed him.

The allergist looked me over. My regular doc was not in, so I met the younger guy. He said there was no clear cut "this is what is wrong" that he could point to. "Food allergies usually happen within two hours of ingesting the allergen," he told me.

"Well, that should eliminate food. I woke up with the bumpy ears at 6:45. I had oatmeal and tea for breakfast and coffee and pretzels at church. Nothing else. Nothing weird or different."

Tired as I was from all the antihistamines rushing about my system, I still fixed dinner. I laid down for a bit and Hubby took the children off to karate. I got up and cleaned three 30 gallon bags of toys from Youngest's room. (It looks as if I might FINALLY succeed in taking more items to the Red Door Sale than I bring home.)

So, as of today, the bumps are still behind my ears. They still itch if I touch them. My face is still prickly if I think about it or touch it.

I wish to GOD I knew what caused this. I wonder if my shampoo is partly to blame?

Any and all ideas are graciously entertained.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home