Janie Not-So-Long Hair

I'm getting back to sewing. Blood, sweat, and tears will follow. I am so sure.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Are we there yet?

Gripe number uno: Split nails of any variety are NOT FUN.

I've been dealing with the index finger nail in various states of damage for the last month. After becoming damaged while still under the cuticle, the nail tried to peel down a layer. Of course this snagged on everything. I tried getting a professional to apply acrylic to the nail after regular nail polish gave up several times. I went to bed one night and awoke in the morning to a broken acrylic! Of course this managed to damage the real nail underneath.

When I finally deemed the peeled section to be close enough to the tip, I trimmed the whole nail close and carefully removed the big chip. A VERY thin layer of nail remained to protect the nail bed. This VERY thin layer decided to split yesterday. Rather than a nice, neat, side to side break, it is doing it's best to head all the way up to the cuticle! Oh, the agony!

Gripe number deux (yes, I switch languages when the mood strikes): Packing for SCA events is a pain in the rear. Also, all this packing makes my back hurt. The sad thing is I am merely going "up the road", rather than across the "kingdom" to attend said event. I'm attempting to yard sale various items my family no longer needs or wants.

I hope to convince a few newer people to buy some of my stuff. "Look! It's already made and ready to wear! You can take it home and trace it!" The problem with SCA folk is that they all think "I can do it more cheaply myself." *Sigh.* I am not a slave laborer in a third world country. You are NOT going to buy my stuff for Wal-mart prices, so just get over it!

Gripe number son: "Son" is both Japanese for "three" AND the subject of this gripe fest. The Boy-Child has decided the proper response when told not to do something is a full blown temper tantrum. Yes, I believe in a well-timed smack on the butt and have been delivering said smacks when he cranks up to full volume and refuses all logic. Screaming that makes other children wonder who is killing him is simply NOT ALLOWED. I happened to be at the school when he did it Tuesday. He repeated his performance this afternoon. This is a power play he WILL LOSE. I guarantee it.

The only good thing I can think of RIGHT NOW about going to an SCA event is the seeing of old friends. Children will be elsewhere! Yay, me! Perhaps this stress will be relieved when I set up the tent, get unpacked, and kick back to talk to a few friends. I hope to God it will be so.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home